Since 1989, Impact Signs has been crafting the top quality corporate signs, plaques and architectural sign letters. To give back to the community and inspire students to use their creativity, Impact Signs has created an annual $1,000 scholarship to award the winners of our unique design contest.
The 2017 Scholarship Contest
To participate in the contest, applicants should design one of the following
- Design a plaque (cast aluminum, cast bronze, or etched stainless steel for a main building on your campus that welcomes guests.
- Design metal lettering (cast bronze or aluminum or stainless steel finishes) for a needed area on your campus such as a building, campus name, or entrance monument wall.
- Design a memorial plaque for a famous professor at your campus (include a photo of the professor and short bio). The plaque should be created for a room, a building, or a park.
Designs should be placed on a mocked up image on one of the building / location choices that is specified above. Design can include individual metal letters and / or metal plaques.
- Applicants must be planning to enroll in an accredited United States college or University in the Spring 2018 semester.
How to Apply
People who wish to participate should send their designs as an attachment (JPEG / PDF) in an email to email@example.com by January 31, 2018 9 AM CST. In the body of the email, applicants should include the following information:
- Your name, address, and phone number
- If you are under 18, contact information for your parents
- The name of the school you are attending or planning on attending
- Your current course of study
- The best way to contact you
Once the application period has ended, our scholarship committee will review the submissions and choose a winner by February 15, 2018. The winner will be chosen considering the following factors:
The winner will be awarded a $1,000 check, issued directly to their University / College of their choice.
For metal plaques and metal lettering design examples, please see resources below.
All personal information collected from scholarship applicants will be used only for the purpose of awarding the Impact Signs Annual $1,000 Scholarship. No personal information will be distributed, sold, or provided to third parties. By submitting your designs, you are granting permission for Impact Signs to edit and publish your design on Impact Sign’s website or social media accounts.
Contact Impact Signs for More Information
For questions regarding Impact Signs $1,000 Scholarship Contest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.