Backlit stainless steel letters stand out
Create a dramatic halo lighting effect with reverse channel letters. We insert high-quality, low-voltage LED modules inside our fabricated stainless steel channel letters and provide a lexan backer. During installation, the letters are floated off the wall with spacers — and results are breathtaking, both indoors and outside. With thickness of up to 5”, our fabricated stainless steel letters are ideal when you’re looking for letters with a greater depth.
Over the past 25 years, our skilled experts have perfected the process of fabricated stainless steel letters, using both C304 and C316 stainless steel. We cut the faces of the letters using abrasive water jet or laser cutting systems, depending on the job requirements, while returns are precision-shaped by hand. We complete the fabrication by joining the faces and returns with high-strength, non-leaded silver solder.
Our fabricated stainless steel letters are available in a wide variety of options including:
- Sizes ranging from 4” to 36” tall
- Thickness from ½” to 5” deep
- Choice of standard alloy C304 or optional alloy C316, which provides additional corrosion and tarnishing resistance for marine and other harsh environments (additional costs apply)
- Finishes including #4 brushed finish, mirror-polished face and returns, and painted PMS colors
- Titanium coating available in gold, copper, bronze and black smoke finishes (adds 30% to cost)
- Mounting options include bottom stud mount and rail mount
- Typical stud mounting with threaded pins on straps or clips on backs of letters
- Minimum stroke of 1” is required on fabricated stainless steel letters
- LED halo effect backlighting with a lexan back creates breathtaking backlit letters
- Translucent acrylic face lights up the face in addition to the halo effect for bright and stunning lighting
- Panel assembly provides an additional architectural element and ease of installation
Installation considerations for backlit letters
Before you choose a backlit sign letters, keep in mind that you’ll need an electrical junction behind the wall or in the ceiling above. We will provide the power supply (transformer) needed to power the low voltage LEDs. Also, adequate access will be needed in the ceiling and wall to run the wiring (Read more in FAQ) Backlighting adds a significant amount to the letter’s price and installation costs. Learn more about installation here.
Backlit fabricated letters can also be installed on panels, which is a great solution when accessing the wires is difficult or the wall surface isn’t ideal. This way, you only need a single electrical junction to for connection.
Specifications for Backlit Letters (Stainless Steel Halo Lighted)
FAQs for Backlit Stainless Steel Letters (Fabricated)
What is your standard lead time on all dimensional sign letters?
Our standard lead times vary depending on the type of sign
- Cut Metal or Cut Acrylic Letters – 8-12 working days
- Cast metal letters – 10-12 working days
- Fabricated stainless steel letters- 15-20 working days
- Backlit letters – 20-30 working days
Rush production options are available.
What rush production options are available on dimensional sign letters?
We are happy to try to accommodate rush orders on dimensional sign letters, if possible. Please give us the date you need the signage in hand, or installed, and we will try to accommodate. Also please fill out the quote form with your exact details before calling. Rush production fees will apply. Expedited, overnight and 2-day, shipping options are also available.
Please note that production time begins upon payment in full and an approved proof. If you approve it late or need changes, we can not guarantee the date we promised.
See all FAQs
How can I get samples of your materials?
Yes! Please use our Sample Request Form
We can provide material finish samples of all of our cut metal materials (Aluminum, brass, bronze, stainless, copper, and Cor-ten steel) as well as acrylic, and metal laminates. We can also provide samples of cast aluminum, cast bronze and fabricated stainless letters. The sample chips are ideal to see and feel the materials, and test how they look on your wall and with your decor.
Cut letter material finish samples will be 1″ x 3″ rectangles. We charge a $25 non-refundable fee to cover the shipping costs (ground shipping) for up to 5 sample chips. ($50 for 2 day, and $75 for overnight).
If you want to see a custom letter, it will need to be placed as an order. Click here to order custom letter samples.
For metal plaques, or etched glass, we have actual sample signs we can ship with a $200 deposit, which would be credited back once you ship the sample back.
Once you submit the sample request form, we will send you an invoice for the shipping costs.